During the 11th International Congress ESVV, 12th EPIZONE annual meeting, Vienna 2018, several scientists were rewarded with a poster or oral presentation prize.
· Elisabet LOPEZ FERNANDEZ (ESP): ‘Pigs vaccinated with BA71ΔCD2 and surviving the homologous challenge with BA71, are capable to efficiently resist further challenge with Kenya06, while prime-boosting with BA71ΔCD2 do not’.
EPIZONE / Ingenasa prize
· Jan Hendrik FORTH (DEU): ‘Target enrichment NGS approach for generation of ASFV full-genome sequences’.
· Ilaria BELFANTI (ITA): ‘Does Vaccination of Pregnant Cows Against Bovine Viral Diarrhea Viruses Confer Foetal Protection against Hobi-Like Pestivirus Infection?’.
· Sarah GALLIEN (FRA): ‘Comparison of pathogenicity and intestinal immunity outcomes in pigs infected with French S-InDel or USS-non-InDel strains of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus’.
· Katrien POELART (BEL): ‘Equine herpesvirus 1 bridles T-lymphocytes to reach its target organs & Abortigenic but not neurotropic equine herpesvirus 1 modulates the interferon antiviral defense’.
· Lorraine MCELHINNEY (GBR): ‘Outbreaks of haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in the United Kingdom’.